Hi...I'm new here!

 -8/11/21



I am excited to introduce myself here on this Collect + Connect platform...a blog that I have enjoyed reading over the last few years!  My name is Scottie Bruch, and I am the SD State Library's new School Library Technology Coordinator.  I've shared a bit about myself in the Weekly Update and SDSL's Cornerstone, so I thought it might be fun here to do something a little different.  My middle school son and I were just looking through his English portfolio from a couple years ago, so alphabiographies are kind of on my mind.  Here's a short form that you could even use with your library students to get to know them this school year! 

Attire - My "uniform" is a cardigan.  What else would it be?! 
Book - One of my favorites is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
Cats - We have 2 - Kuby and Junipurr.
Dog - We have 1, Ringo, who lives with my father-in-law.  And possibly another on the way...
Ease - I am most at ease at home.
Food - I like to make my own yogurt.
Greatest Fear - Falling.
Hobbies - Running, biking, reading, traveling, yoga, camping, puzzles.
Introverted Extrovert - I can come out of my shell when necessary.  
Jamming To - Frazey Ford on Spotify.
Kids - My husband and I have 2 pretty awesome teenage boys.
Listening To - The Master Butcher's Singing Club by Louise Erdrich on Audible.
Misophonia - Look it up...I have it.
Nickname - I don't have one, and my name is my real name!
OCD - I'm pretty sure I have some degree of this.
Past Jobs - Middle School/High School Librarian & Teacher, Public Library Assistant Director.
Quiet - I like it a lot!
Reading - An Indigenous Peoples' History of the United States for Young People.
SUP - I have a stand-up paddle board and love to cruise around local lakes in the summer.
Travel - My family loves to travel, and the coolest place we've been lately is Rio!
University - I graduated from Black Hills State University.
Vegetable - My favorite is sweet potatoes.
Watching - Manifest on Netflix.
XC - My two sons are gearing up for cross country season...I love to watch them run!
Yoga - I am a certified yoga teacher.
Zipline - We have one!

This is a fun activity.  Try it yourself and then explore it with your students!

If you need anything this year, please contact me at scottie.bruch@state.sd.us.  



Popular Posts

American Indians in Children's Literature Blog

The Room of Requirement